Plan Your Event
Thank you for considering Montreat Conference Center to host your event! We are a national conference center of the Presbyterian Church (USA), dedicated to providing inspiration, comfort and gracious hospitality to all. The center hosts approximately 35,000 conferees and guests each year. Whether you would like to arrange a meeting, a retreat, or a reunion, Montreat can provide the assistance you need to make your event unforgettable.
We help you “personalize” your event and design a Montreat experience that will be truly memorable! Accommodations range from hotel-style rooms in our historic Assembly Inn to private housing in our quaint guest lodges. Dining options include everything from the Galax Dining Room’s bountiful buffet to a picnic in the woods, or a visit to a local cafe.
If your group requires specialized electronic meeting capabilities, we offer the newly renovated Left Bank. In both meeting rooms at the Katherine and Thomas Belk Center at the Left Bank, find:
- A high definition LCD projector and motorized screen
- Table-top mics for phone conferences
- A Windows PC for presentations and Internet access
- Wireless internet
- Cable TV
- DVD/VCR player
- In-ceiling speakers
- Video conferencing capabilities
Our versatile meeting rooms at locations throughout the conference center are adaptable for plenary sessions, concerts, worship services, small group meetings, workshops, board meetings, and child care programs. Sound systems, recording equipment, projectors, and more are available upon request.
Here are a few questions to keep in mind:
- What type of event are you planning?
- How many guests will you be expecting? How many adults and children?
- What type of accommodations will you need? How many rooms/lodges will you want to reserve?
- How many nights will you be staying?
- What meal package would you like to create?
- Will you need conference rooms and/or recreational space?
When it’s time to relax, you can hike one of 13 mountain trails, fish in Graybeard stream, or simply pull up a rocking chair and enjoy the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Of Montreat’s 4,000 acres, 2,500 acres are dedicated to wilderness and were recently entered into the North Carolina Registry of Natural Heritage Areas. Request a trail map or obtain one at our front desk!
For availability information, please fill out the Retreat Group Information Form or call Aletha Roper, Group Sales and Reservations Coordinator, 800.572.2257, ext. 314 or email alethar[at]montreat.org.