This unique Inklings (C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, etc.) conference highlights the Bible’s impact on Western Civilization, affecting authors, musicians and artists from the 15th century through today. It will change your world view – from the medieval society lit only by fire to the incandescent musings and works of the Oxford-based Inklings of the 20th century.
Come learn from world-renowned scholars, who will reveal the Bible’s influence on the:
* the greatest English Playwright (William Shakespeare);
* the greatest English Epic Poet (John Milton);
* the greatest English Novelist & Allegorical work of the 17th – 19th centuries (John Bunyan);
* the most popular legend – King Arthur and the Round Table – and its treatment through the centuries, especially by the Inklings;
* leading 20th Century Christian writers from the Inklings (C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, et al) to Dorothy Sayers.
Plus there will be a limited museum display during the conference of illuminated manuscripts, the Saint John’s Bible – the first calligraphy and illuminated art Bible in 500 years, an original Folio of Shakespeare Plays from the early 1600s, and much more!
Limited attendance. First come, first served.
Act now to reserve your attendance at this conference with a unique perspective on Christian faith affecting the literary and art culture for the past 750 years.
Books visible in the event photo: