Montreat Youth Conference (MYC) is designed for high school students, entering freshmen through graduated seniors, and for their group leaders. We offer six conference weeks each summer.
Youth 1: June 7–13 | Youth 2: June 14–20 | Youth 3: July 12–18
Youth 4: July 19–25 | Youth 5: July 26–August 1 | Youth 6: August 2–8
There are four main parts of every day at MYC:
- Keynote – The keynote session gathers everyone together for movement and group building (fondly known as energizers), announcements, music, and keynote. Keynote is a 45 minute-ish presentation engaging conferees in that day’s scriptural theme. After keynote, conferees head to small group sessions.
- Small Groups – Small groups allow youth to form relationships with others in order to have honest discussions with each other about questions raised during keynote and worship. Small group sessions are led by trained small group leaders, who guide conversation and lead group building activities.
- Worship – After dinner, everyone gathers for worship. In worship, youth engage the Word of God as they seek to understand and respond to the challenges and triumphs of being a high schooler in the twenty-first century. Youth Conference worship is joyful, reflective, and seeks to glorify God using many creative gifts of the participants.
- Recreation – Recreation events are featured throughout the day and include everything from dance, games, and group building activities to snow cone parties, international crafts, and service. Energizers are a much beloved Montreat tradition, pairing popular music and simple movements everyone can enjoy.
Need to talk to a real person?
- Need Help Registering? Contact Hope Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 8284199828.
- Have logistical questions or need resources? Contact Chris Alexander at email@example.com or 8284199809.
- Are you a new group or a group who hasn’t come in a few years? Contact Susie Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8284199814.