Montreat welcomes you this summer to the mountains for Sabbath opportunities at the Assembly Inn, with some limited recreational opportunities available. Reservations open on June 19th. We will be operating at reduced capacity and providing guidelines for guests based on guidance and requirements from Buncombe County and the state. Reservations require a two-night minimum.
Important Updates to the Montreat Guest Experience
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Assembly Inn for your Summer Sabbath visit!
Safety and cleanliness have always been a top priority of ours. Right now, we’re adhering to CDC, state, and municipal guidelines. In fact, Montreat Conference Center is a “Count on Me NC” business, meaning we’re taking extra training and implementing new procedures in light of COVID-19.
All of our Montreat staff have been working diligently in anticipation of re-welcoming guests, and we are committed to providing you with outrageous hospitality during this “new normal” setting.
Whether this is your first stay with us or your hundredth, recommended guidelines for social distancing, gatherings of people, and guidelines for cleanliness have altered the typical stay at any hotel, including Assembly Inn.
Daily housekeeping services will not be offered during your stay to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff. Rooms will be cleaned thoroughly between guests.
Because we can only sanitize sheets, pillowcases, towels, and washcloths between each guest at this time we have removed all blankets and comforters. Please bring a blanket from home to ensure a comfortable stay.
Bring along personal care items and toiletries, including soap, shampoo, and a hairdryer. Limited personal care items are available for sale at the front desk.
As a safety measure, Assembly Inn is closed to the public and is only accessible with your room key card. Please keep your room key on your person at all times.
Coffee will not be provided in the lobby, as self-serve options are not allowed at this time. Coffee makers are not provided in guest rooms.
The Galax Dining Room is not open or serving meals at this time. Please visit nearby Black Mountain for a delicious lineup of restaurants and to-go options.
Lobby furniture has not been moved for social distancing. We’re counting on guests to remember to keep your distance, and to only sit with members of your family or those you traveled with.
You can help create a safer, healthier environment for everyone by following a few guidelines and best practices. When you make a reservation at Montreat, here’s what you’re pledging to do once you arrive:
- Wear a cloth face-covering like a mask or scarf
- Wait your turn by maintaining six feet of physical distance from others
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Do not come to Montreat if you have been recently exposed to, or have symptoms of, COVID-19. (Montreat will refund your stay)
- Be patient and kind to staff and other guests as we all try to adjust to a new normal.
Montreat reserves the right to remove guests from our property if, after a polite reminder, they do not follow one of the rules above. Guests who must be removed from Montreat will not be refunded.
Finally, please bring along the following items with you to ensure a comfortable stay:
- Blanket or comforter for all guests in your party (Montreat can only sanitize sheets, pillowcases, and towels at this time)
- Cloth face mask or face covering for all guests in your party (required)
- Toiletries and personal care items, including soap and shampoo
- If needed, a cooler or mini-fridge (ice is available on the second and third floor)
- Snacks (no food service available at this time, soda machines and a snack machine are located by the hotel front desk)
- Reusable water bottle