In light of programming disruptions due to COVID-19, Montreat’s present focus and ongoing preparations rely on our generous donors. We ask for your prayerful consideration of a gift to the Montreat Fund, the most important source of financial support for our mission and ministry. As we observe Buncombe county's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order, access to postal mail is limited. Please visit Ways to Give for more information on how best to make a gift at this time.
Our Culture of Philanthropy
For more than a century, a vibrant culture of philanthropy has sustained Montreat Conference Center’s ability to provide Christian ministries, faith-based resources, and spiritual retreats to tens of thousands of people each year.
Gifts of time, talent, and treasure ensure Montreat continues to offer:
- Youth Conferences where teens and young adults can build meaningful relationships and discover God’s purpose for their life.
- Spiritual enrichment programs and well-being retreats where pastors and church staff can learn from thought-leaders and network with their peers.
- Opportunities for creative expression in worship, music, and visual arts that encourage reflection and inspire praise.
- Recreational events and outdoor experiences that connect us with the natural world and our Creator.
Revenues from programs, hospitality, and retail only cover 85% of our annual operating budget. Therefore, the conference center depends on the generous support of community members, churches, businesses, and visitors to fund our many ministries. Gifts to the Montreat Fund, endowment, and capital projects, as well as a dedicated group of volunteers all enrich the Montreat experience.
Montreat is a philanthropic priority because I believe in its ability to bring communities of faith together to imagine, pray, and join in God’s work. Here, we are in a massive theological think tank to make churches stronger, to support our pastors, to grow congregations' faith in Bible study and meaningful relationships, and to support the many families in our faith communities and beyond."
Our Fundraising Model
- Funds 12% of operating budget
- Impacts everyone and every aspect of Montreat
- Broad community participation vital
- Volunteer leaders play an important role
- Annual gifts of all amounts accepted May 1–April 30
- Unrestricted endowment funds 3% of operating budget
- Designated endowment funds provide scholarships, enhance programs, and support facilities and wilderness
- Sustains long-term financial stability
- Direct investment in facilities, equipment, and infrastructure